The Director of Development plans, directs, and oversees construction projects to ensure adherence to building legislation and standards of performance, quality, cost, and safety. Coordinates labor resources, procurement and delivery of materials, plant, and equipment. Arranges submission of plans to local authorities, obtains permits and licenses, and arranges building inspections by relevant authorities. Works with owners, contractors, or design professionals to discuss and resolve complaints or construction problems.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Be on the front lines of evaluating and vetting opportunities.
- Work closely with Development and Construction Team (project specific) to develop project objectives through exemplify RPG and its partners through an ethical approach to decision making and defining quality projects.
- Reports to the VP of Development. Provides guidance and leadership to team members to encourage quality and production.
- Maintains key strategy objectives through process implementation
- Lead, administrate and organize the project at the conceptual stage through completion.
- Review, implement and oversee MPC project milestones, budgets, and critical action items.
- Review and verify project status reports and coordinate with other team members.
- Responsible for weekly coordination meeting with Contractors, Engineers and Third-Party Consultants to review project progress, issues, critical items, and timelines. This meeting should include an agenda and meeting minutes that are distributed to all parties.
- Maintains working relationship with Home Builders throughout the development period to produce the high-quality production expected in an RPG Community. Knowledge and implementation of the Design Guidelines
of the community.
- Receive, address and remedy resident development and construction issues and concerns for all phases in the development by working with the RPG groups and the HOA.
- Monthly review of budget forecasts, project timelines, and quality control to the VP and CFO.
- Detailed and methodical review of project plans and specifications as the design and construction progresses.
- Development and implementation of program specifications for infrastructure, subdivisions, parks, and commercials development. Reviews opportunities to establish prototypical standards, detail and practices for
future use on RPG Developments. Provide to team members (internally and externally) as required.
- Determine specific project specifications by studying product design, development requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with the VP of Development.
- Focus on the development of process and procedures and track accordingly.
- Reviews overall project schedules by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing company procedures, rules, and regulations. Works closely with contractors and home builders for compliance.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in land development projects
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Act as an ambassador of and in accordance with the company’s Core Values.
- Adhere to the company’s Principles of Business and Conduct.
- Demonstrate good judgment and respect the confidentiality of company and personnel information.
- Deal professionally and courteously with all internal and/or external contacts.
- Seek guidance and direction as necessary in the performance of duties.
AAP / EEO STATEMENT:
- Republic Property Group, Ltd. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.