The project manager, construction, position plans, directs, coordinates or budgets, usually through estimator and foremen, activities concerned with the construction and pavement of heavy/highway projects. Participates in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling and implementation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Construction Manager is the “Quarterback” of the Development. This position requires strong leadership, effective communication, and maximum effort to exemplify RPG and its partners through an ethical approach to decision making and defining quality projects.
- Work closely with VP of Development and Construction to develop project objectives through process implementation and coordination of outside third-party engineers, designers, and consultant.
- Lead, administrate and organize the project at the conceptual stage through completion.
- Tracking of project milestones, budgets, and critical action items. Frequent reporting to the project team. Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommending actions.
- Holds weekly coordination meeting with Contractors on-site to review project progress, issues, critical items and timelines. This meeting should include an agenda and meeting minutes that are distributed to all parties.
- Work closely with Home Builders throughout the development period to produce the high-quality production expected in an RPG Community. Knowledge and implementation of the Design Guidelines of the community.
- Receive, address and remedy resident issues and concerns for all phases in the development by working with the RPG groups and the HOA.
- Monthly review of budget forecasts, project timelines, and quality control to the VP and CFO.
- Detailed and methodical review of project plans and specifications as the design and construction progresses.
- Development and implementation of program specifications for infrastructure, subdivisions, parks, and commercials development. Reviews opportunities to establish prototypical standards, detail and practices for future use on RPG Developments. Provide to team members (internally and externally) as required.
- Determine specific project specifications by studying product design, development requirements, and performance standards; completing technical studies; preparing cost estimates.
- Develop project objectives by reviewing project proposals and plans; conferring with the VP of Development and Construction
- Initiates and updates project schedule by studying project plan and specifications; calculating time requirements; sequencing project elements.
- Maintains project schedule by monitoring project progress; coordinating activities; resolving problems.
- Controls project plan by reviewing design, specifications, and plan and schedule changes; recommending actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing company procedures, rules, and regulations. Works closely with contractors and home builders for compliance.
- Maintains product and company reputation by complying with federal and state regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Works closely with the HOA to review and resolve homeowner related issues in a timely manner.
KEYS TO SUCCESS:
- Focus on the details.
- Be consistent in the approach. Look for opportunities to create program predictability for the benefit of the team members.
- Offer critical thinking to each task and seek resolution through innovation.
- Maintain a teamwork approach but take accountability for your actions.
- Think like an Owner.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS:
This is a full‐time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Meetings may require occasional work outside of normal business hours.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some projects may require more out‐of‐the‐area travel.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
At least five years of experience in project management or a related field; or graduation from an accredited university or any equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Act as an ambassador of and in accordance with the company’s Core Values.
- Adhere to the company’s Principles of Business and Conduct.
- Demonstrate good judgment and respect the confidentiality of company and personnel information.
- Deal professionally and courteously with all internal and/or external contacts.
- Seek guidance and direction as necessary in the performance of duties.
AAP / EEO STATEMENT:
- Republic Property Group, Ltd and its affiliates provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.